Richard "Dick" Barry
|Sport:||Track & Field/Cross Country|
Head Coach 1985-2002
BS 1966, EdM 1968
- One of the most successful coaches in UB athletic history.
- Dick retired in 2002 after a 17-year career as the women's and men's track & field and cross country coach.
- UB's transition from Division III to Division I in these sports was seamless under Barry's direction.
- Dick retired leaving his much-admired sports achievements to inspire new generations of coaches at UB.
- 13 Cross Country Conference Championships.
- 4 Track & Field Conference Championships.
- Conference Coach of the Year on 5 occasions.
- Coached 10 All-Americans.
- Completed his career with a combined record of 664-261-1 in both sports.