Distinguished Alumni Award
1962-65 (EdB '65)
- Dan played guard for the UB Basketball team from 1963-1965.
- He was a well respected leader who was captain his senior year when his team went 19-3.
- Dan was the Head Coach at NCCC for 10 years with a 197-68 record and in 1977 his team was ranked 2nd in the National NJCAA poll.
- In 1983, Dan returned to UB as the Head Coach, leading the transition at UB from Division III to Division I, where he had 6 winning seasons as is 5th in all-time UB coaching wins.
- After his career at UB, Dan became the head coach at Niagara Falls High School, leaving a huge footprint during his tenure as hoop coach, capturing 6 Section VI titles, 2 state crowns; his 2005 team was ranked #1 nationally by USA Today where they compiled a 28-1 record, and Dan was named National Coach of the Year by USA Today that same year.
- Dan has been inducted into the Greater Buffalo Sports Hall of Fame, the New York State Basketball Hall of Fame, the Niagara Falls Hall of Fame, and the Niagara County Community College Hall of Fame.