Betty A. Dimmick
|Sport:||Administration & Coaching|
- Betty retired from UB in 2000 after 26 years as an administrator, faculty member, and coach.
- She was the Coordinator of Women's Athletics from 1976-86 and supervised the program during its greatest period of growth, vastly improving the quality of travel (mode, lodging, and meals), the competition and the equipment for women's teams.
- She supervised and mentored more than 20 head coaches of women's teams and also served as Senior Woman Administrator at the Division I level from 1994-96.
- Betty coached the UB Field Hockey team from 1976-86 - capturing the New York State Association of Intercollegiate Athletics for Women crown in 1982. She also coached the tennis team from 1974-77.
- A member of both the Brockport State and Kenmore East High School Halls of Fame, Betty was the Coordinator of Recreation Instruction her last 2 years at UB.
- Betty was represented with the Recognition Award for her commitment to the advancement of girls and women in sport at the annual UB National Girls and Women in Sports Day Celebration in 1994.