1698-70 (BS '71, EdM '81)
- Charlie was a 3 year starter at center who was regarded as one of the top players at his position in the East, and during his tenure in the middle of the line, the Bulls were known for their strong running game.
- He was a determined and respected leader who was co-captain as a senior in 1970.
- He returned to UB to help rebuild the program as an assistant coach from 1977-1982, then held positions at Indiana (PA), Marshall, and the US Naval Academy before coming back home to serve as Offensive Coordinator on Craig Cirbus' staff from 1995-2000.
- During his final 6 years, UB's offense set 43 school records, produced 5 All-Americans, 3 District Academic All-Americans, and had 6 offensive players (3 linemen) sign with NFL teams, including 4th round draft pick Ed Ellis.
- Charlie conceived and built the UB Football Reunion and as UB's principal liaison with former football players, Charlie, according to Cirbus "provides the glue to keep the many different generations of the UB football family together".
- Since joining the UB Athletics Development, his lifelong belief in the special bond between athletes, their teams, and their university has promoted gifting that has significantly impacted athletics facilities and the athletics endowment fund.