James M. Millitello
|Sport:||Distinguished Alumni Award|
Distinguished Alumni Award
- Jim, at the time of his induction, has chronicled sporting events in the world stage as a reporter for the broadcast division of The Associated Press in Washington for more than 30 years.
- Since 2003, he had served as president of the DC Alumni Chapter and is a long-time member of the executive committee of the UB Alumni Association Board.
- In September of 2012, he was presented the New York State Society's prestigious "Charging Buffalo Award", for career achievement at the group's annual Buffalo Nite in DC celebration during ceremonies before a crowd of 750.
- Jim has reported from 13 Olympiads on 4 continents, including the Lake Placid Winter Olympics in which the US Hockey team defeated the Soviet Union, and the Dream Team basketball gold triumph at Barcelona.
- He has covered 17 Master's, including Jack Nicklaus' improbable 6th and final win at Augusta in 1986, and Tiger Woods' record-breaking 12 stroke triumph in 1997 at the age of 21.
- Jim also has walked the courses of numerous British Opens, US Opens, PGA Championships, and has reported from 13 Super Bowls, including the Bill's "wide-right" loss, watched history unfold at numerous Wimbledons, World Series, NBA Finals, Kentucky Derbys, and at Final Fours.