Distinguished Alumni Award
1953-55 Football, 1954-56 Wrestling, 1955-57 Track (EdB '56, EdM '63)
- A 3 year starter on offense, defense, and special teams for the Bulls, Peter also wrestled and played baseball for 2 seasons and ran track another.
- Peter joined the staff at Lewiston-Porter High School a few years after earning his 1st degree, taught and coached and his Lancer teams dominated the tough Niagara Frontier League in football and wrestling, capturing several championships.
- Returned to UB as defensive coordinator in 1980 and his Bulls immediately established a team record for interceptions during a season (Pete holds the UB single-game mark of 4).
- Moved to offensive coordinator the following season and during his 10 year tenure, the Bulls blossomed.
- During his tenure at UB, a total of 68 individual and team offensive records were set, the 1982 and 1983 teams were ranked 5th in Division III in pass offense, the 1982 team scored a school-record 291 points and the 1986 squad (9-2) won more games than any UB gridiron team.