Tutoring and Academic Performance Specialist Programs
The Office of Athletics Academic and Student Development Services works to provide opportunities for all student athletes to acquire the proper study skills and course-specific information to be successful in the classroom. This is achieved through our Tutoring and APS programs. The intent of these programs is to supplement and support all of the sound education practices that are imperative for our student athletes’ academic success.
The tutoring program is offered as a supplement to student athletes attending classes. Any student athlete who feels they need extra assistance with a class may request to meet with a tutor. If you are interested in making an appointment with one of our student-athlete tutors, please contact your Athlete Academic Advisor for more information.
Types of Tutoring
- Individual - Tutoring that takes place one-on-one by scheduled appointment.
- Group Tutoring - Scheduled sessions where the tutor works with several student athletes at once. Great for upcoming exams, or when several student athletes are in the same classes.
How to Receive a Tutor
To ensure that you are communicating your needs, the Division of Athletics is having all student-athletes who would like a tutor to do the following, all listed in the online tutoring forms:
- Identify the study strategies you are using.
- Email or talk to your professor expressing your reasons for requesting a tutor from the Athletics Department and write your professor’s response in the online tutor request form. (The professor may request that student-athletes meet with them individually or know of a more effective service than the Division of Athletics Tutoring Program.)
- Meet with your academic advisor expressing your reasons for requesting a tutor from the Athletics Department and write your professor’s response in the online tutor request form.
- Attend class when not traveling for competition.
Tutoring Appointment Reports
Tutoring Appointment Summary - Click on the advisor of your tutee:
- Rashidi Greene Football (3rd and 4th year), W. Tennis
- Pat Wilson M. Tennis, M. and W. Swimming and Diving, Rowing
- Melanie Warren M. Basketball, Football 1st and 2nd year
- Lauren Hambidge M and W Soccer, W. Basketball, Volleyball
- Shilah Richardson Wrestling, Softball, Baseball, M & W Track and Cross Country
- Greg Meyer Football: 5th year and Graduate
Academic Performance Specialist Program
The APS Program helps student-athletes thrive in the classroom. This program includes guidance in note-taking, time management, academic goal setting, reading comprehension, and test-taking. To know more about the APS program, please contact your Academic Advisor.