ARC Blended Lifeguard Instructor Course
The purpose of the new 2017 instructor course is to train instructor candidates to teach the Red Cross Lifeguarding, Shallow Water Lifeguarding, Waterfront Skills, Waterpark Skills, CPR/AED for Professional Rescuers and Health Care Providers, and Bloodborne Pathogens Training: Preventing Disease Transmission courses and/or modules. Instructor candidates will also become familiar with Junior Lifeguarding, Lifeguard Management, Safety Training for Swim Coaches and Basic Water Rescue.
- Be at least 17 years old on or before the last day of the instructor course.
- Possess one of the following:
- A current American Red Cross certificate for Lifeguarding/First Aid/CPR/AED
- A current American Red Cross certificate for Lifeguarding/First Aid and either an American Red Cross certificate for CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer or an American Red Cross certificate for CPR/AED for Lifeguards
- An equivalent certificate from another organization
- Successfully complete the In-Water Precourse Session
- Successfully complete the online Orientation to the Red Cross
- Successfully complete the online Orientation to the Lifeguarding course
- Successfully complete the online Lifeguarding Instructor Precourse Exam (80% or better)
- All participants must attend every class. (Any participant that misses a class will not receive certification. No exceptions, no refunds.)
- All participants must achieve 80% or better on all written exams.
- All participants must successfully complete all physical requirements with respect to lifeguarding skills.
- All participants must exhibit professionalism at all times during the course. (Innapropriate behavior will result in dismissal of the course. No exceptions, no refunds.)
Location: Clark Hall Natatorium & Classroom
Instructor: N. Bourke
|Times||Course Registration Deadline|
|12pm - 5pm||Wednesday, April 4th, 2018|
Register: Registration Form
Payment: Due upon successful completion of the pre-course after the first day of class.