ARC Blended Lifeguard Instructor Course
The purpose of the instructor course is to train instructor candidates to teach the Red Cross Lifeguarding, Shallow Water Lifeguarding, Waterfront Skills, Waterpark Skills, CPR/AED for Professional Rescuers and Health Care Providers, and Bloodborne Pathogens Training: Preventing Disease Transmission courses and/or modules. Instructor candidates will also become familiar with Junior Lifeguarding, Lifeguard Management, Safety Training for Swim Coaches and Basic Water Rescue.
- Be at least 17 years old on or before the last day of the instructor course.
- Possess one of the following:
- A current American Red Cross certificate for Lifeguarding/First Aid/CPR/AED
- A current American Red Cross certificate for Lifeguarding/First Aid and either an American Red Cross certificate for CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer or an American Red Cross certificate for CPR/AED for Lifeguards
- An equivalent certificate from another organization
- Successfully complete the In-Water Precourse Session
- Successfully complete the online Orientation to the Red Cross
- Successfully complete the online Orientation to the Lifeguarding course
- Successfully complete the online Lifeguarding Instructor Precourse Exam (80% or better)
- All participants must attend every class. (Any participant that misses a class will not receive certification. No exceptions, no refunds.)
- All participants must achieve 80% or better on all written exams.
- All participants must successfully complete all physical requirements with respect to lifeguarding skills.
- All participants must exhibit professionalism at all times during the course. (Innapropriate behavior will result in dismissal of the course. No exceptions, no refunds.)
Location: Clark Hall Natatorium & Classroom
Instructor: N. Bourke
|Course Registration Deadline|
5pm - 9pm
Register: Registration Form
Payment: Due upon successful completion of the pre-course after the first day of class.