BUFFALO, NY – The University at Buffalo football team wrapped up spring drills on Friday night with the annual Blue & White Spring Scrimmage played at UB Stadium. It was played as a situational scrimmage between the offense and defense. The Bulls held 11-on-11 scrimmage situations with the ball spotted in various down and distances and field positions.
Highlights from the scrimmage:
- Kevin Marks broke free up the middle for a 60-yard touchdown run to open the scoring.
- Adam Mitcheson made a 37-yard field goal – his only attempt of the night.
- Kadofi Wright sparked the defense with a fumble recovery.
- Drew Anderson found Isaiah King in the back of the endzone for a 5-yard TD.
- Kyle Vantrease threw a beautiful fade to Antonio Nunn in the corner of the endzone for a 24-yard touchdown.
- Johnathan Hawkins darted up the middle for a 30-yard touchdown.
- Nick Gallo made a nice break on the ball for an interception.
- Roy Baker returned an interception 30 yards for a touchdown.
- Atunaisa Vainikolo recorded a sack.
"All in all, the way we got out and competed, I was very pleased," head coach Lance Leipold said. "We knew going into it we weren't going to use many of our starters a lot because they already played a lot of snaps for us over the last few years. We wanted to continue on building depth in some areas and I think we were able to accomplish that."
The spring game capped off the Bulls spring practice period. The team will report for preseason camp in early August and will kick off the 2018 campaign on September 1 against Delaware State at UB Stadium.