STATEN ISLAND, NY – Ray Anikwue and Stephanie Ward both won events as the University at Buffalo indoor track and field team opened the season at the Great Dane Classic in Staten Island, NY on Saturday. Anikwue won the men's 60m dash with a time of 7:05 and Ward won the women's 3,000m with a time of 9:50.66.
Other top finishers for UB were:
- Leon Atkins finished 2nd in the men's 1,000m (2:28.68)
- Sam Wray finished 2nd in the weight throw (58-10.25)
- Mitchell Moore finished 3rd in the 60m hurdles (8.69) and 7th in the 400m (48.99)
- Hannah Roof finished 2nd in the pole vault (11-03.75)
- Jess Dhaliwall finished 4th in the weight throw (56-10.25)
- Von Jackowski, Seiders, March, Villarini finished 5th in the 4x400m relay (3:57.43)
- Martine Bye finished 6th in the high jump (5-05.00)
- Joanna Hallisy finished 6th in the shot put (44-07.50)
Click here for full results.
The Bulls will next compete at the Upstate Challenge next Saturday in Ithaca, NY.