ITHACA, NY – The University at Buffalo men's and women's indoor track and field teams competed at the Upstate Challenge hosted by Cornell University over the weekend. The women finished in second place and the men took third.
Selina Von Jackowski won the pentathlon with 3,590 points. Teammate Martina Bye finished a close second with 3,479 points.
Other notable women's performances included:
- Nina Zesky finished 2nd in the high jump (5-03.00)
- Mariah Howard finished 3rd (1:00.49) and Emma Seiders finished 4th (1:00.59) in the 400m
- Hannah Roof finished 3rd (11-05.75) and Earnie Burapan finished 4th (11-05.75) in the pole vault
- Nikari Carota finished 4th in the 60m hurdles (8.78)
- Stephanie Ward finished 5th in the mile
Other notable men's performances included:
- Brandon Burke finished second in the high jump (6-07.00)
- Chimaobi Ezeilo, Alex Siracusa, Mitchell Fuller, Mitchell Moore finished 2nd in the 4x400m relay (3:31.45)
- Zachary Jones finished 2nd (4,566) and Anthony Clark finished 3rd (4,428) in the heptathlon.
- Jason Farrell finished 4th in the pole vault (14-03.25)
- Alex Siracusa finished 4th in the long jump (22-08.00)
Click here for full results.