KENT, OH – The University at Buffalo track and field team competed at the Kent State National Qualifier on Saturday and posted a number of impressive finishes. Between the men and women, the Bulls posted 21 top-five finishes.
Notable women's performances included:
- Selina Von Jackowski won the long jump with a leap of 19-04.75 and finished 4th in the 200m with a personal-best time of 24.63
- Amy Villarini finished 3rd in the 400m with a personal-best time of 56.48
- Sydney March finished 3rd in the 800m with a time of 2:15.03
- Morgan Mahoney finished 3rd (5:03.66) and Laura Libruk finished 4th (5:03.69 - a personal best by 8 seconds) in the mile
- Charlotte Molloy finished 5th (18:10.11) and Laura Reyda finished 6th (18:13.99) in the 5,000m
- Nikari Carota finished 4th in the 60m hurdles with a time of 8.87
- Martine Bye finished 2nd (5-05.75) and Samantha Hjelmar finished 4th (5-03.75) in the high jump
- Crystal Henderson finished 4th in the triple jump with a mark of 38-09.75
- Jess Dhaliwall finished 3rd in the weight throw with a personal-best throw of 63-11.50 (ranked 4th in the MAC)
- Howard, March, Seiders and Villarini finished 4th in the 4x400m relay with a time of 3:56.62
Notable men's performances included:
- Dan Muldoon finished 2nd (8:35.50) and Caleb Covell (8:40.16) finished 3rd in the 3000m
- Justin Van Epps finished 3rd (4:14.97) and Christopher Nowak finished 4th (4:15.83) in the mile
- Douglas Hazlitt finished 4th in the 800m with a time of 1:55.19
- Mitchell Fuller finished 4th in the 60m with a personal-best time of 6.98
- Brandon Burke finished 5th in the high jump with a mark of 6-07.00
- Sam Wray finished 6th in the weight throw with a mark of 56-03.25
- Meehan, Van Epps, Wolfe and Hazlitt finished 5th in the 4x400m relay with a time of 3:23.32
The Bulls also had four student-athletes compete at the Spire D-I Invite on Friday night. Stephanie Ward broke the school record in the Women's 5000m, running 16:29.05, eclipsing Amy Shaw's 2016 record by .08. Ward placed second in a field of 21. She currently ranks second in the MAC and 4th in the NCAA.
Ben Cardamone ran a personal best in the men's 5000m of 14:53.91, a personal best by 29 seconds, placing 6th of 16
The Bulls will next compete at the Zips Invite on Friday.