BUFFALO, NY – The University at Buffalo indoor track and field team will head to Kent, Ohio, on Saturday as they look to continue their indoor season at the Doug Raymond National Qualifiers hosted by MAC rival Kent State University on Saturday, February 9th. The Bulls competed in the event last year, posting 21 top-five finishes between the men and women, including senior Selina Von Jackowski's victory in the long jump event with a leap of 19-04.75. The meet is slated to start at noon with field events, and will take place in the Kent State field house.
SCOUTING THE FIELD
- The competition will serve as a prelude to MAC Championships for the Bulls, as the teams competing at the Doug Raymond National Qualifier on Saturday include seven MAC schools. The full list of teams competing include Akron, Ashland, Ball State, Bowling Green, Central Michigan, Cleveland State, Eastern Michigan, Findlay, Ohio, Pittsburgh, Toledo, Windsor and Youngstown St.
LAST TIME OUT
- Last weekend, the Bulls competed at the Akron Invite hosted by the University of Akron.
- Leon Atkins continued his strong indoor season by winning the men's 800m race with a time of 1:50.7, a new personal best for the junior. His time was not only a MAC automatic qualifying time, but ranks second in the MAC and 54th in the NCAA. It is also the 3rd fastest time run in UB Indoor track & field team history.
- Another notable finish on the afternoon was Asia Hoyte claiming a victory the women's weight throw with a toss of 17.46m.
- Samantha Hjelmar won the Blue Division High Jump event, setting a new personal best mark of 1.70m/5'7", a MAC Automatic Qualifying mark. Sam ranks third in the MAC in the HJ with this mark.
- Next up for the Bulls, the team will head to Akron, OH, to compete in the Zips Invite on Friday, February 15th.
- For live results, please click here.