WILLIAMSBURG, VA – The University at Buffalo track and field team opened up their outdoor season this Saturday as they competed in the Dan Stimson Memorial Meet hosted by the College of William & Mary. The Bulls saw three individual victories on the day, as sophomore Brandon Burke claimed first place in the high jump with a leap of 2.06m, tying a personal best. Additionally, Bulls freshman Molly Mccreedy took home first in the discus throw with a toss of 44.39m in her first collegiate meet. Crystal Henderson added a third Buffalo victory as she sprinted to a first place finish in the 100H with a time of 14.36, a new career-best time. In all, the Bulls collected 18 top-five finishes on the afternoon.
"After a strong week of training at William & Mary, we competed today against some great competition," stated program Director and Head Coach Vicki Mitchell. "We hammered the training this week and enjoying the opportunity to be on an outdoor track."
Other notable women's performances:
- McCreedy placed 2nd in the shot put with a toss of 13.78
- Brianna Mckenzie took home 7th place in the hammer throw with a toss of 45.0
- Samantha Hjelmar claimed 5th in the high jump with a leap of 1.65m
- Christina Wende took home 4th in the long jump with a score of 5.25m
- Hannah Roof leaped her way to a 4th place spot in the pole vault with a height of 3.55m
- Crystal Henderson placed 3rd in the triple jump with a leap of 11.90m
- Priscilla Faa sprinted to a 4th place finish in the 100 yard dash with a time of 12.18, a new personal best
- Brittany Fuller ran a personal best of 4:45 in the 1500m, besting her former best time by over 10 seconds.
- Lauren Reyda ran a tactical race and took home 3rd place in the 3000m with a time of 10:26.20
Other notable men's performances:
- Shevaughn Allen claimed 2nd in the triple jump with a leap of 14.35m
- Sam Wray placed 3rd in the discus throw with a distance of 165'0
- Matthew Mercer took home 4th in the 300m steeplechase with a time of 9:24.99
- Baltaj Sandhur claimed 5th in the 100H with a time of 15.72, .70 faster than his best time last season
- Cal Puskar paced himself to a 4th place finish in the 800m with a time of 1:54.05, a new personal best time for the freshman
- William Hilbert clocked in a time of 4:03.98 in the 10,000m race, a 15 second personal best
The Bulls return to action next weekend as select members of the team will head to Gainesville, FL, to compete in the Florida Relays hosted by the University of Florida.