Buffalo (8-3) vs Ohio (11-0)
January 5, 2019
Alumni Arena - 2:00 pm
Bulls on the Air
Radio - ESPN 1520-AM WWKB/TuneIn App
• The University at Buffalo women's basketball team will play its third consecutive game home at Alumni Area as they open up Mid-American Conference play against the undefeated Ohio Bobcats.
• The contest will mark the 40th meeting all-time between the MAC rivals, with the Bulls holding the series advantage, 21-18. The Bulls hold a 12-5 series lead when playing the Bobcats at home, and currently are 6-1 in the last seven meetings with Ohio dating back to 2016.
• Buffalo is coming off of a 90-43 rout over Big-4 rival St. Bonaventure. The Bulls offense was once again led by senior Cierra Dillard, as the captain put up 26 points while going 9-of-13 (69.2%) from the floor. Dillard has led the Bulls in scoring in every contest this season.
• Dillard saw the honors continue to roll in as she was placed on the Wade Trophy watch list to begin the season, marking the first UB player in school history to earn a spot on the prestigious list that named the top 35 players in the NCAA. Earlier this season she earned a spot on the Naismith Award watch list. Dillard has also been named Mid-American Conference Player of the Week on three occassionas already this season.
• Dating back to last season, Cierra Dillard has scored 20+ points in 15 straight games and is averaging 26.1 points, 5.1 assists, 4.9 rebounds and 3.3 steals across that stretch. Dillard is currently second in the nation in scoring, averaging 25.4 points per game this season through the first 11 games.
• As a team, the Buffalo offense has produced nine 80+ point scoring efforts across their last 16 games dating back to last season.