BUFFALO, NY – The University at Buffalo women's soccer team (11-6-0, 5-5-0 MAC) fell at home on Sunday afternoon to the Bowling Green Falcons, 5-0, on Senior Day. With the win, the Falcons clinched the MAC regular season championship as they now own a 9-1-0 conference mark.
- Score: Buffalo 0, Bowling Green 5
- Records: Buffalo (11-6-0, 5-5-0 MAC), Bowling Green (11-4-2, 9-1-0 MAC)
- Bowling Green Goal Scorer: Laura Bozzelli (1), Erica Hubert 3 (12), Nikki Cox (6)
- Bowling Green Assist: Erica Hubert 2 (9), Maureen Kennedy (8), Jennifer Reyes (3), Chelsee Washington (7)
- Location: UB Stadium – Buffalo, NY
- Attendance: 174
- Buffalo: Emily Kelly, Rebecca Bramble, Gurjeena Jandu, Tess Ford, Meghan Simmons, Hannah Callaghan, Andrea Judasz, Kaitlyn Walsh, Gianna Yurchak, Marcy Barberic, Katherine Camper
- Bowling Green: Jennifer Reyes, Nikhita Jacob, Chelsee Washington, Alexis Fricke, Nikki Cox, Kristin Tveit, Laura Bozzelli, Erica Hubert, Morgan Abbitt, Maureen Kennedy, Kathleen Duwve
How It Happened
- The Falcons were able to record the first shot of the match in the second minute as Erica Hubert took a shot from distance that was stopped by Emily Kelly.
- Bowling Green took the 1-0 lead in the 11th minute as Erica Hubert fed Laura Bozzelli at the top of the box and she ripped a shot that beat Emily Kelly just under the cross bar.
- The Bulls had a golden chance to tie the game in the 22nd minute as Marcy Barberic streaked in and ripped a shot that just missed the right corner of the Bowling Green goal.
- In the 33rd minute, Bowling Green was able to take the 2-0 lead as Erica Hubert potted her first of the match after a feed from Jennifer Reyes.
- A minute later, the Falcons made it 3-0 as Nikki Cox made a nice run and took a perfect cross from Erica Hubert and beat the Buffalo keeper to the right corner.
- Bowling Green extended the lead to 4-0 in the 50th minute as Erica Hubert picked up her second goal of the match.
- Kaitlyn Walsh had a shot from distance stopped in the 51st minute.
- After a Gianna Yurchak shot was stopped by the Falcons keeper, the visitors extended the lead to 5-0 as Erica Hubert finished off her hat-trick as Chelsee Washington made a great pass to Hubert who buried the ball into the right corner.
- Kaitlyn Walsh had a good scoring chance in the 64th minute but her hard shot was stopped by the Falcons keeper.
- Freshman goalkeeper Sarah Bykowicz checked into the game and made two nice stops down the stretch as the Bulls weren't able to get any closer, falling 5-0.
Inside The Numbers
- With the win, the Falcons clinched the MAC regular season championship.
- For the game, Bowling Green outshot the Bulls 16-10 while the corner kicks were tied, 2-2.
- Erica Hubert finished off her game for the Falcons with three goals and two assists in the win.
- Hannah Callaghan, Kaitlyn Walsh, Katherine Camper and Gianna Yurchak each had two shots in the loss.
- Emily Kelly made five saves in the loss while her counterpart Kathleen Duwve finished off her afternoon with four stops in the win.
Player of the Match
Following the match, the UB coaching staff selected Hannah Callaghan as the Player of the Match after her strong play in the loss to Bowling Green.
- St. John's – Kaitlyn Walsh
- Youngstown State – Gurjeena Jandu
- Cornell – Hannah Callaghan
- Albany – Carissima Cutrona
- Canisius – Gianna Yurchak
- St. Francis (PA) – Adrianna VanCuyck
- St. Bonaventure – Carissima Cutrona
- Northern Illinois – Mairead Martin
- Western Michigan – Hannah Callaghan
- Central Michigan – Carissima Cutrona
- Eastern Michigan – Marcy Barberic
- Kent State – Sarah Bykowicz
- Miami (OH) – Gianna Yurchak
- Ball State – Taylor Caridi
- Toledo – Katherine Camper
- Bowling Green – Hannah Callaghan
The Bulls will wrap up their regular season slate on Thursday afternoon against the Akron Zips at UB Stadium. First kick is set for 3:00 pm.