WILLIAMSVILLE, NY – The University at Buffalo women's tennis team snapped a two-match losing skid on Sunday afternoon with a 7-0 win over Quinnipiac.
The Bulls got out to the quick start by sweeping doubles action as all three matches were won in identical fashion, 6-3. Junior Tanja Stojanovska and senior Margarita Kotok won first, followed by the number three team of Laura Holterbosch and Hayley Hollins. The number two duo of Chantal Martinez Blanco and Anna Savchenko completed the sweep.
In singles action, freshman Emel Abibula picked up the first win at four,6-2, 6-3 and then Martinez Blanco won at two, 6-0, 6-3. Stojanovska clinched the win at one, 6-3, 6-4, while sophomore Mercedes Losada Rubio won at three, 6-2, 6-3.
Savchenko continued her strong play at fifth singles with a 6-0, 6-2 win and then Kotok completed the sweep at six with a 7-5, 6-1 victory.
The Bulls return to action next Saturday when they host Binghamton at 1:00 pm.
- Tanja Stojanovska/Margarita Kotok (UB) def. Rachel Horton/Sydney Young (QU), 6-3
- Chantal Martinez Blanco/Anna Savchenko (UB) def. Sitilia Rencheli/Layla Rodriguez (QU), 6-3
- Laura Holterbosch/Haley Hollins (UB) def. Jennifer Lu/Kelsi Oliphant, 6-3
Order of finish: 1,3,2
- Tanja Stojanovska (UB) def. Sitilia Rencheli (QU), 6-3, 6-4
- Chantal Martinez Blanco (UB) def. Jennifer Lu (QU), 6-0, 6-3
- Mercedes Losada Rubio (UB) def. Rachel Horton (QU)
- Emel Abibula (UB) def. Sydney Young (QU), 6-2, 6-3
- Anna Savchenko (UB) def. Layla Rodriguez (QU), 6-0,6-2
- Margarita Kotok (UB) def. Proyfon Lohaphaisan (QU), 7-5, 6-1
Order of finish: 4,2,1,3,5,6